> On Mar 13, 2019, at 8:22 AM, Bernd Fröhlich via 4D_Tech
> <4d_tech@lists.4d.com> wrote:
>
> Good Idea.
> v16R6 should really be called V17Beta6. That´s what it is after all.
> Would save a lot of confusion.

No, it would just add more confusion and it wouldn’t be accurate. First, v17
means that you have complete set of features defined, “beta” means that they
are all implemened and in testing. This is completely opposite of what R line
is about:

V16 R1 - it is v16 feature set plus features A and B
V16 R2 - it is v16 R1 feature set plus features C and D plus bug fixes for
features A and B
V16 R3 - it is v16 R2 feature set plus features E and F plus bug fixes for
features A, B, C, D
V16 R4 - it is v16 R3 feature set plus features G and H plus bug fixes for
features A, B, C, D, E, F
V16 R5 - it is v16 R4 feature set plus features I and J plus bug fixes for
features A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H
V16 R6 - it is v16 R5 feature set plus features K and L plus bug fixes for
features A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, J
V17 -  it is v16 R6 feature set plus features M and N plus bug fixes for
features A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, J, K, L

Regards,

Milan