4D Tech mailing list wrote
> Has anyone here had the need to print a PDF document from 4D, and found a
> solution?
>
> I am not talking about generating a PDF from 4D. I have an existing PDF
> document and I need 4D to print it for me! Exactly, user selects a PDF
> document and I have 4D command it to be printed.
>
> I can use LEP, a plugin, whatever, but so far I have not found a way to do
> it, with a 100% assurance the document will come out faithfully.
>
> Oh, and this in on Windows.
>
> Thanks for any pointers.
> --
> Julio Carneiro

Hi Julio,

I use this:

Windows:
$errText:=sys_ShellExecute ("print";$vt_path;"";"";1)
With Win32Api Plugin

Mac:
C_TEXT($1;$POSIXPath;$HFSPath)
$HFSPath:=$1
$POSIXPath:=Replace string($HFSPath;":";"/")
LAUNCH EXTERNAL PROCESS("lp \"/Volumes/"+$POSIXPath+"\"")

Regards Armin
And if you need a solution to create pdfs on windows:
http://www.node.de/indexplug.htm

--
Sent from: http://4d.1045681.n5.nabble.com/4D-Tech-f1376241.html