So, now that I pinned down how the trigger the exact code segment I want, I am
down to solving the actual problem

Let me describe… there are two tables Orders and Subscriptions related as
follows:

   An order can have a related subscription record, making it a subscription…

   Orders -> has form OrderDetail

   Subscriptions  -> has form SubscriptionDetail
   SubscriptionDetail.textField -> Event On Data change update
[Subscriptions]prop1 if data is valid

The problem is that an event (On Data Change) is fired when accessing the
subscriptions form directly and not fired when accessing it indirectly.

   Path 1: Direct path to SubscriptionDetail form:
      • Edit an existing Subscription (SubscriptionDetail)
      • Change SubscriptionDetail.textField
      • The On Data change event fires, code executes

   Path 2: Indirect path to SubscriptionDetail form through OrderDetails:
      • Create a new order (OrderDetails)
      • While in OrderDetails make it a subscription, SubscriptionDetails is
displayed
      • Now in SubscriptionDetails
      • Edit SubscriptionDetail.textField the On Data change does not appear
fire,
         or the wrong form is receiving it, or some scenario I can't envision…
etc.

Can anyone shed light on why the event does not appear to fire when editing a
form arrived at through another form?

Sandor Szatmari

Senior Software Developer
Bristol Capital Inc. - InfoPlus
201 746 7215
www.infoplusonline.com

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email (and any related attachments) contains
information from InfoPlus (a service of Bristol Capital, Inc.). It is intended
only for the addressee and may contain information that is confidential and/or
otherwise exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the
intended recipient or are acting as agent for the intended recipient, any use
or disclosure of this communication is prohibited. If you have received this
communication in error, please notify us immediately to arrange for the
appropriate method of returning or disposing of the communication. If our
respective Companies have confidentiality provisions in effect, this email and
the materials contained herein are deemed CONFIDENTIAL and should be treated
accordingly unless expressly provided otherwise.