Douglas,

That seems promising.  Since the listbox is a collection/entity selection, each
row's color would be set by the rows presence in the "Selected items"
collection.  I imagine the performance would be OK as long as the search only
took place as the row becomes visible to the User.

Kirk's proposal alludes to a solution that 4D seems inches away from, where a
row's membership in the selected items collection automatically grants it a
highlight, similar to the boolean array of the array based listbox, and the
HighlightSet of the selection based listbox.

Thanks,
Keith - CDI