Checking the listbox's Property "Hide extra blank rows" stopped 4D from
unexpectedly quitting when using
  LISTBOX SELECT ROW(*;"valsBox";0;lk replace selection)  // and it's fast
or
  just having a lot of rows to highlight in a loop.

The crashing showed up more often in compiled mode before the change.  Still
have the spinning wheel however.

Keith - CDI