4D Tech mailing list wrote
> Everyone,
>
> Many thanks for the answers and the tips, it was very helpful.
>
> I followed up on all the tips and tricks
>
>       • “./“ Yes and no
>       • $MyShellScript.sh
>               - hard coded in BBedit
>               - created in 4D
>               - chmod 755 $MyShellScript.sh
>       • Prepare POSIX-Pathname with Escape-Routines from Chip (Thanks) and
> Keisuke
>
>       • shorten the depth of the path
>               $FoDoPath:=System folder(Desktop)
>               $FoDoPath:=Convert path system to POSIX($FoDoPath)
>               $cmd:=$FoDoPath+"imagesnap -w 2.0”
>
> What ever I tried it would not work when called via LEP but always works
> direct in the terminal.
>
> Since I use other terminal (UNIX) executable stored in the resource
> folder, I guess there is something wrong with “imagesnap”.
>
> Since Keisukes Cupturev2-Plugin does not work either on Catalina and
> 4Dv18, so I have to cancel that security feature for the Mac-Version of
> the application.
> This is the first time in 30 years that I have to do this for the
> Mac-side, otherwise it always was the Windows-side with this kind of
> problems.
>

> Now something almost unrelated.
>
> If you guys ever need to get the public IP-Address here are some
> suggestions:
>
> Mac & Windows (result will be returned into $StdOut)
>
> $cmd:="curl ifconfig.me”
>       OR
> $cmd:="curl icanhazip.com”
>

> Wndows ONLY
>
> $cmd:="curl icanhazip.com | clip” // writes the result to the clipboard
>
> Cheers
> Jörg

Hi Jörg,

you have to sign and notarize your mac app with the Magic Miyako tool build
application to enable the needed security settings and get the camera
access.

Same with calendar or address book access.

Signing with the 4D integrated option does not add the needed keys to the
Info.plist

Armin

--
Sent from: http://4d.1045681.n5.nabble.com/4D-Tech-f1376241.html