> On Tue, Oct 11, 2016 at 09:38:58AM +0100, Hibby wrote:
> > Gooooooooood Morning hackers, crackers, makers and bakers!
> >
> > It's Tuesday, which means it's time for 57North to open for all.
> >
> > What'll you be getting up to?

I think I'm going to have a play with adding RFID cards to doorbot. And
discuss if the sofa could do with being lowered a bit now.

On Tue, 11 Oct 2016, at 09:51, tj wrote:
> > [1] https://www.freebsd.org/releases/11.0R/relnotes.html
>
> Yes, please try this release. It is just great and if you really hard
> you can find the code I wrote.  If anyone wants help I can give helping
> pointers[2], 0xa5a5a5a5a5a5a5a5 and the like.

I'm intrigued if that could ever be a real pointer... it's definitely
got too many bits to map through any virtual memory system I've come
across, but I'm not sure about things that aren't memory but are
pretending to be: do they use "invalid" virtual addresses anywhere? In a
way that could get that far through the 64bit address space?

As a real address that would be a couple quintillion yottabytes in,
which would need an impressive machine - I make it about another century
of Moore's law to get there.

I suppose you might not be indexing bytes. Indexing atoms on earth that
would only be about a millionth of the way in, so I'll call it plausible
as a pointer to an atom in a planet.

Robert
--
Robert McWilliam      r...@allmail.net    www.ormiret.com

Apparently, three out of four people make up 75% of the population.