Hi Alexander,

Thanks for your reply.
My detailed comments are inline.

From: Alexander Pelov <a...@ackl.io>
Sent: Saturday, 20 August 2022 14:47
To: Luigi IANNONE <luigi.iann...@huawei.com>
Cc: marinos charalambides <marino...@gmail.com>; 6lo@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [6lo] Call for WG adoption of draft-li-6lo-native-short-address-03

Hi Luigi,

Thanks for your mail!
See inline.

On Fri, Aug 19, 2022 at 10:09 PM Luigi IANNONE
<luigi.iann...@huawei.com<mailto:luigi.iann...@huawei.com>> wrote:
Hi Alexander,

Thanks for your feedback. Please send us the tons of questions you have we will
do our best to answer them.

Thank you for providing some initial reactions to my questions.
Most of them do remain open, however.

[LI] I never claimed the contrary.

In general I think that the concerns that you are expressing can be solved
during the normal life cycle of a draft as a WG item.

I am sorry, but I have to disagree here.
There is no clear objective (use-case with specific technical description and
justification that allows us to evaluate this proposal vis-a-vis 6LoWPAN for
example) and as such, no way to achieve rough consensus on tradeoffs that will
have to be made at some point in the future.

[LI] So we agree to disagree. Certainly there is work to be done to clarify the
use-cases and the applicability scope, but IMO there is enough meat to decide
whether to adopt it or not.

A few more specific comments inline.

Ciao

Luigi