Hello Guangpeng

I tried and failed so far to convince you that NSA is not by nature an IP
address as we are used to. In my book it sits at L2 or L2.5 (with BIER and
MPLS).

Consider this:

- if it was an IID how many devices max could there be in a subnet ?

 This is very limited not at all the traditional order of IPv6. Also it seems
to depend on the shape of the network. IP should not be impacted by L2
considerations.

- NSA expresses a source route path not a destination.

 In that it is akin to an MPLS stack.

- what if I swap the device at the end of the path?

Traditional IP expects that a device can retain its address even if it is
plugged on a different switch port.

- what if there are multiple paths to the same device (again the point on
redundancy)?

So if you told me that you are shooting for IP in IP and that NSA is for the
destination in the outer header I’d be rather easy to convince. That would
become another variation of an SRv6 compression technique. I’d then suggest you
present it at spring.

If you told me it is a L2 or L2.5 mesh under technique I’d also listen
carefully. The debate would become whether 6lo is home for the work.

But sorry I cannot see that NSA matches an IP address. That would fuse the
devices and the network together.

Regards,

Pascal