There's a recipe in src/cmd/mkone (../mkone)?

I hope I haven't overlooked any of the mkfiles, it's been a bit of a
swamp for a while.

Have a look at each mkfile's first few lines, you can change ROOT
there or

        mk ROOT=$home/go

but I'm not always propagating (ever?) MKFLAGS.

Let me know, I'll be back in the (local) morning.  Off the cuff, I
don't think you're doing anything wrong, it looks like a context issue
I have not taken into consideration.  But I can't put my finger on it.

++L
--- Begin Message ---
Thanks!

what's a good recipe for making goose? :)

bigtop% mk
# bind -b /go/$objtype/include /$objtype/include
for(i in 8l 8a cc 8c gc 8g) @{
        cd $i
        echo mk in $i
        mk $MKFLAGS
}
mk in 8l
8c -I/go/include -I/go/386/include -FTVw asm.c
8c -I/go/include -I/go/386/include -FTVw ../ld/data.c
mk: no recipe to make 'goos.8' in directory /go/src/cmd/8l
mk: # bind -b ...  : exit status=rc 308216: rc 308218: mk 308220: error

fyi, instead of /go, i've copied it to $home/go and:

aux/stub -d /go
bind -c $home/go /go

-Skip

On Mon, Aug 1, 2011 at 2:04 AM, Lucio De Re <lu...@proxima.alt.za> wrote:
> On /n/sources/contrib/lucio/go there is a fresh version of my efforts.
> It is a bit ahead of my submissions to the Go Authors and could
> benefit from inspection from the Plan 9 perspective.  Also, this
> inevitably means that there will be changes required by the code
> reviewers.
>
> At this point, it ought to be possible to build the assemblers, C and
> Go compilers and linkers for all three architectures (386, amd64 and
> arm) for local use on a Plan 9/386 platform.  The only build option I
> have tested is the default in src/cmd/mkfile:
>
>        % 9fs sources
>        % disk/mkfs -a -s /n/sources/contrib/lucio/go
> /n/sources/contrib/lucio/go/devproto | disk/mkext -v -d /go
>        % cd /go/src/cmd
>        % mk
>
> Actual installation should be left until the above succeeds.  Where I
> am, multiple downloads are expensive and time consuming, so I can't
> test this repetitively, please let me know if the above procedure
> needs adjusting:
>
>        % mk install
>
> This ought to copy the 8a, 8c, 8g and 8l executables (not in that
> sequence) to /go/386/bin.
>
> I have arranged for the amd64 and arm versions to work as well.
> Change to the appropriate directories and the mkfile will provide the
> necessary instructions, including installing to /go/386/bin.
>
> Nothing above is properly tested.  Until I get the runtime properly
> constructed, I'm not sure how best to go about testing, so any
> contribution or suggestions here is welcome.
>
> ++L

--- End Message ---