> 1. The history is confined to Plan9.
>      It is hard to do small fixes (typos, documentation) from another
> system.

that's true.  but it's easy to get a plan 9 system, or drawterm into one.
in my experience, plan 9 is a system one spends siginficant time in.

i would not want to change the system to support foreign patches unless
it's a proven issue, and experiments show that such patches are of equal
quailty to ones made from a plan 9 system.

solutions like hg pull python into the system as a hard requirement, and
i wouldn't want to make (more) external things like python a hard
requirement, if possible.  also, python doesn't currently work on
arm or mips, so it would making the minimum requirements for a plan 9
system much greater.

> 2. There are no commit comments.
>      There is no "blame" command.

but there is!  history(1) will display the last modifier of the file.
in plan 9 the rule typically is: you touch it, you own it.

>      There are no release tags (allowing for unstable work in between).
>      There are no branches (allowing for collective work on an unstable
> version). OK, my machine is my branch...

it's just a different model.

given your questions, i am wondering if you have spent much time with
the system.  especially one with history enabled.