Thanks Anthony.

> I bet if you re-run the same test twice in a
> row, you’re going to see dramatically improved
> performance.

I try to re-run ‘iostats md5sum /386/9pcf’.
Read result is very fast.

first read result is 152KB/s.
second read result is 232MB/s.

> Your write performance in that test isn’t really
> relevant: they’re not hitting the file system at all.

I think to write 1GB data to filesystem:

        iostats dd -if /dev/zero -of output -ibs 1024k -obs 1024k -count 1024

Write result of dd is 31MB/s.
But this test may just write to fossil. It may not write to venti.

> I’m not sure why you’d see a difference in a
> fossil+venti setup of a different size, but the
> partition size relationships, and the in-memory
> cache size relationships, are what’s mostly important.

My hardware has 2GB memory.
Plan 9 configurations are almost default. (except /dev/sdC0/bloom)
To increase memory size is difficult,
because memory size is determined by public QEMU/KVM service plan.

—
kadota