On Tuesday, October 06, 2026, at 4:48 PM, Dan Cross wrote:
> What makes you think this is power related?
"no data from device" -that made me think that maybe the mouse wasn't getting 
-enough- power, and so not generating any information.  Which might point to 
corroded contacts?  If you folks really think this should be working, maybe 
either buying a brand-new adapter might solve the problem.  Of course, if the 
problem is the mouse, well, I'm not sure anybody is selling brand-new ball-mice 
anymore  -_-  ;-)

On Tuesday, October 06, 2026, at 4:48 PM, Dan Cross wrote:
> Did you try just plugging in the adapter
without the mouse and/or keyboard connected?
I didn't, because it would never have occurred to me that there was any point 
in doing such a thing.
I can tell you that I have now tried the tests you suggest, and the results are 
not all the same.  The ordinary mouse/keyboard thing that I plug in always 
works fine.  The adapter without the mouse usually prints the first error, but 
not always the last, and not always the first 5 times.  And sometimes more than 
5.  That was unexpected.  When it's plugged in with the mouse, I'm tempted to 
say it fails completely more often.  I have tried all the ports, multiple 
times.  I might be convinced that this is a hardware issue, on the part of the 
mouse and/or adapter, but it works perfectly when plugged into the laptop.  
Hence the questions about current.
------------------------------------------
9fans: 9fans
Permalink: 
https://9fans.topicbox.com/groups/9fans/Td94105a3d5018162-M863064eda56cad228978e49b
Delivery options: https://9fans.topicbox.com/groups/9fans/subscription

Reply via email to