you'd be surprised how tolerant boards like the pi are of water.


On Wed, Oct 7, 2026 at 11:09 PM <[email protected]> wrote:

> On Tuesday, October 06, 2026, at 2:41 PM, ron minnich wrote:
>
> I used to use a simple test, but an ice cube on it and see how long it
> takes to melt.
>
> You sound very confident.  I think if you were here with me, I would let
> you do the test.  As it is, I have consulted with another colleague, and he
> agrees that if water goes in the wrong place, it will likely destroy the
> board.  Beyond that, for the test to be meaningful, I would have to
> estimate the volume of the ice-cube, it's geometry, and the pressure with
> which I applied it to the board, assuming that I hold it against the board
> with my finger from underneath.  All this while watching a clock on my
> computer screen to measure the passage of time.  Maybe not so hard that
> last one.  All that effort, for uncertain results, for a problem that
> occurred once when doing a whole bunch of random operations with the pi
> that I would never expect the os developers to anticipate, and hasn't
> showed up since.  And the chance that the pi will get damaged.  Certainly,
> if I kept getting that error, if the pi was unusable, the whole equation
> would change, there would be nothing to loose.
> *9fans <https://9fans.topicbox.com/latest>* / 9fans / see discussions
> <https://9fans.topicbox.com/groups/9fans> + participants
> <https://9fans.topicbox.com/groups/9fans/members> + delivery options
> <https://9fans.topicbox.com/groups/9fans/subscription> Permalink
> <https://9fans.topicbox.com/groups/9fans/Tc322db746dabdc8f-M520f4fa2e01a9d7b448fee31>
>

------------------------------------------
9fans: 9fans
Permalink: 
https://9fans.topicbox.com/groups/9fans/Tc322db746dabdc8f-M9fdb78c2a3bf030553c60755
Delivery options: https://9fans.topicbox.com/groups/9fans/subscription

Reply via email to