Ask a search engine or LLM how to overclock raspberry for the model
you have (i.e. it will involved setting arm_freq, core_freq, etc. in
config.txt).
Happy cooking.

On Thu, Oct 8, 2026 at 10:37 AM <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> I propose an alternate test.  If you folks can provide a simple program I can 
> run that will "heavily exercise" the pi, I'll run it, then attempt to execute 
> fshalt again.  If the error comes back, we'll have a pretty-good idea that 
> that's the problem.
>
> --------------------
>
> I suddenly recall, one of the things I did, at one point, was try to convert 
> a jpg to the plan9 image format, doing this from the folder of my usb-key.  
> Surely this is noted here somewhere, in one of my posts, if not in this 
> thread..  It worked for -ages-.  Or rather, it failed to complete for ages.  
> I don't actually know if it was doing anything.  I think the only way I 
> managed to "get back in control" was to delete the rio window.  Now, I 
> realize that that might not have actually killed the process.  Or it might 
> have caused the pi to get really hot.  That is, technically, a test I can do 
> again.  I don't recall if this was one of the things I was doing at the time 
> I got this error, but it's a definite possibility.
> 9fans / 9fans / see discussions + participants + delivery options Permalink

------------------------------------------
9fans: 9fans
Permalink: 
https://9fans.topicbox.com/groups/9fans/Tc322db746dabdc8f-M12536d1d2a73db757693c991
Delivery options: https://9fans.topicbox.com/groups/9fans/subscription

Reply via email to