On 8-Oct-05, at 2:06 AM, Uriel wrote
Very cool; please, could you put it in sources/contrib?
See: http://plan9.bell-labs.com/wiki/plan9/How_to_contribute/

Ah - I forgot to mention; ever since my shuttle turned into an unresponsive pile of silicon, I've been working in plan9port under OS X; patch doesn't exist there :-(

Should I also allow carriage returns in the tag text now?

This might be confusing because IMHO the main purpose for a multi line
tag is to accommodate longer paths and I don't see much use for explicit
new lines, also opens it to abuse as scratch space for big chunks of
stuff where a guide file should be used instead.


I used to think that too; but I found myself using the longer tag to hide less-frequent commands, especially with my debugger. I know I can use "Send" to bridge from a guide file, but then I can't also chord in a parameter. So, debugging with GDB in particular, I need break, display, print, and so on, in my tag if I want to chord parameters. Now I keep them tucked on the second line, and find myself opening my tag, chording the command, and closing it up, all in one "gesture". Incidentally - you can already cut and paste newlines into the tag.

The hard part of multi-line tags is finding a backwards compatible format for the dump files.

Paul

Reply via email to