On 8-Oct-05, at 6:33 AM, Uriel wrote:

I agree, but still I'm unsure \n should be accepted in the tag just
making the text flow into the following line when it doesn't fit in the
current one should be enough... but I can't think of any strong reason
to avoid \n except simplicity as things like dump assume a single line.

I thought Dump did that too, but then I found the code that searches for the end of the tag or the first newline to cut it off at; my dump files are 100 backwards compatible, because they haven't changed!

It would be nice if there was a way to see that there are more lines
than what is visible... not sure how that can be done without an extra
scroll bar, but that I think would be a bad idea.

Yes; I thought of overloading the window button, but again, that changes existing functionality/expectations. It's pretty easy to scroll open the tag and check though.

Paul

Reply via email to