Hi all,

On Sat, Jul 24, 2010 at 09:11:19PM +0200, Clemens Gruber wrote:

> > Yeah. The focus isn't on PCBs. As you say, this is a software
> > intensive area, the required hardware is "simple".
> >
> > Hardware in hand of course does not bring any software, but already
> > thinking about that hardware helps identify what software to focus
> > on, and next step, hardware availability helps people get involved.
>
> Exactly, the point is.. there are many students (like me) and other
> possible contributors out there who are not able to spend 1000 US
> Dollars for buying a USRP1+Daughterboards+Antenna + UPS to Europe
> (delivery itself is about 100USD + taxes?)
>
> How do you want people to contribute code to the airprobe project if
> they have not enough money to buy a USRP?

There are plenty of available USRP-captured file with GSM samples available.

Based on those samples, you can do any of the receiver optimizations or
reimplementations or any other work in this project.  Whatever improved
software is the result of such work will work with any receiver hardware,
whether existing or future, whether expensive or cheap.

--
- Harald Welte <lafo...@gnumonks.org>           http://laforge.gnumonks.org/