From: "I. Oppenheim" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, July 29, 2003 1:34 PM
Subject: Re: [abcusers] ABC Standard 2.0 revision III

> They are non standard in Western music, but you will
> find something like [K:D _b _e ^f] often in e.g.
> Klezmer (Ahavoh Rabboh) or Arabic music (Maqam Hedjaz).
My first thing will always be to remove any non standard
explicit accidentals, replacing them with inline accidentals
and inform the player textwise that he/she is playing an unusual
mode/key. Anyway lots of klezmer tunes change mode/key
every few bars so the need for non-classical is rather limited IMO.
The mode/key/accidental stuff is way too complicated for the
average folk player (in the Netherlands anyway - wer'e not
so smart you know ;-)

Arent