On 10/10/2012 5:07 PM, Alexander Surkov wrote:
It seems [introducing actions for editable text operations] doesn't answer why
we can't turn out the whole
IAccessibleEditableText interface into actions.
I agree and tend to think this is the way forward.

Btw, I would prefer doAction taking a BSTR rather than negative
constant. Otherwise we should standardize all possible actions and we
don't leave a room for the server to introduce non-standard actions.
This requires a new method (and thus a new interface), which was the main reason for avoiding it. However, I'm not really against this. Using strings is a touch more expensive, but it's negligible and more extensible.

6) IAccessibleHypertext2::hyperlinks. Just to make sure: we decided to
go with array instead EnumVariant? Do AT want to get all items at once
even if the document is big and has many links?
It seems we didn't go with EnumVariant at all but we added maxCount
'in' argument. Should we have it here as well?
We could do that. The question is whether an AT is ever going to want to retrieve anything other than one or all hyperlinks. I can only come up with use cases for one or all.

Jamie

--
James Teh
Director, NV Access Limited