On 10/10/12 2:07 AM, Alexander Surkov wrote:
> Hi, Jamie. Answering inline.
>
>>> 5) "Document that copyText, cutText, and pasteText are deprecated."
>>> Can you please refresh me on it? The reason specified is "This
>>> function is available via the application's GUI." but it seems it can
>>> be applied to the whole IAccessibleEditableText interface.
>> I believe there was some talk a while ago about making these all actions
>> which can be triggered using the standard action mechanism. This would
>> require a way to perform an action given a constant. It is why the idea of
>> using negative action indices came up.
> It seems it doesn't answer why we can't turn out the whole
> IAccessibleEditableText interface into actions.
> Btw, I would prefer doAction taking a BSTR rather than negative
> constant. Otherwise we should standardize all possible actions and we
> don't leave a room for the server to introduce non-standard actions.
>
>>> 6) IAccessibleHypertext2::hyperlinks. Just to make sure: we decided to
>>> go with array instead EnumVariant? Do AT want to get all items at once
>>> even if the document is big and has many links?
> It seems we didn't go with EnumVariant at all but we added maxCount
> 'in' argument. Should we have it here as well?
Hi Alex, I assume you are referring to
IAccessible2_2::relationTargetsOfType which along with
IAccessible2::relations and IAccessibleRelation::targerts are the only
methods with a valid max count [in] parameter.  (There are several
others but those methods were coded in error and their max count [in]
parameters are to be ignored.)  IAccessibleHypertext2::hyperlinks
doesn't have a max [in] parameter and Jamie said in a followup note that
he's unaware of any need for one.

>>> 7) IA2_RELATION_GROUPING_OBJECT_FOR: "This object is a grouping object
>>> for the target object." - it'd be nice to give a hint for
>>> implementers. After a time I don't really remember what is it about :)
>> I guess a grouping object/container would expose this relation referring to
>> all objects it contains. Is this really useful?
> It'd be nice to have examples. Does it applicable to HTML fieldset and
> HTML form? Should it include the element connected by node_child_of
> relation if the element is not a descendant?
>
> Thank you.
> Alex.
>

> On Wed, Oct 10, 2012 at 3:39 PM, James Teh <ja...@nvaccess.org> wrote:
>> On 24/09/2012 2:52 PM, Alexander Surkov wrote:
>>> 5) "Document that copyText, cutText, and pasteText are deprecated."
>>> Can you please refresh me on it? The reason specified is "This
>>> function is available via the application's GUI." but it seems it can
>>> be applied to the whole IAccessibleEditableText interface.
>> I believe there was some talk a while ago about making these all actions
>> which can be triggered using the standard action mechanism. This would
>> require a way to perform an action given a constant. It is why the idea of
>> using negative action indices came up.
>>

>>> 6) IAccessibleHypertext2::hyperlinks. Just to make sure: we decided to
>>> go with array instead EnumVariant? Do AT want to get all items at once
>>> even if the document is big and has many links?
>> Isn't that the whole point of this method? Otherwise, wouldn't
>> IAccessibleHypertext::hyperlink be enough? Maybe I'm missing something...
>>

>>> 7) IA2_RELATION_GROUPING_OBJECT_FOR: "This object is a grouping object
>>> for the target object." - it'd be nice to give a hint for
>>> implementers. After a time I don't really remember what is it about :)
>> I guess a grouping object/container would expose this relation referring to
>> all objects it contains. Is this really useful?
>>

>>> 9)  Description for IA2_RELATION_POPUP_INITIATOR_FOR doesn't make
>>> things really clear for implementers too.
>> Yeah; I have no idea what this is for. :)
>>
>>> Btw, the used string is
>>> "popInitiatorFor",
>> Looks like a typo to me.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Jamie
>>

>> --
>> James Teh
>> Director, NV Access Limited
>> Email: ja...@nvaccess.org
>> Web site: http://www.nvaccess.org/
>> Phone: +61 7 5667 8372

*Pete Brunet*

a11ysoft - Accessibility Architecture and Development
(512) 467-4706 (work), (512) 689-4155 (cell)
Skype: pete.brunet
IM: ptbrunet (AOL, Google), ptbru...@live.com (MSN)
http://www.a11ysoft.com/about/
Ionosphere: WS4G