Hi Alex, I am going to try to get some momentum going on this again...

On 9/23/12 11:52 PM, Alexander Surkov wrote:
> Hi, Pete. Here's my two cents.
>
> 1) It makes sense to allow IAccessible2_2::attribute to take sequence
> of attribute names like "margin-left;margin-right;" to get these
> attribute values for a single call.
Is this important enough to add additional development effort for server
side implementers?
> 2) It'd be nice to add a reference to relation constants for
> relationTargetsOfType method description, see "[in] type The requested
> relation type."
Done.
> 3) Any specific reason to use long for nTargets in
> relationTargetsOfType since it seems it never takes negative values?
It's a good point, but since an unsigned long wasn't used anywhere else
it seems like at least for the sake of consistency to leave it as is.
> 4) Should we keep IAccessibleDocument restricted to HTML documents?
> After all HTML sounds like an implementation detail. The idea it
> serves to is when the loaded document shouldn't be read from the
> beginning.
I changed it to:
  /** @brief Returns the most recently used anchor target within a document.

   A document's most recently targeted in-page anchor is returned.  A
typical use
    of this method is to fetch the anchor target within an HTML
document.  In this
    case anchor targets are those which has been defined with the <a> tag.
> 5) "Document that copyText, cutText, and pasteText are deprecated."
> Can you please refresh me on it? The reason specified is "This
> function is available via the application's GUI." but it seems it can
> be applied to the whole IAccessibleEditableText interface.
This was a long discussion involving several people back in June 2011
from the 7th to the 29th and this is what we ended up with.  It was
determined that the three deprecated methods are clipboard operations
and there are too many differences and ambiguities in how applications
implement their clipboard functionality.  Also copy/cut/paste methods
are not in use while the other ones are so we can't deprecate the entire
interface.  We also talked about adding, if needed at some later date,
five new actions for cut, copy, pasteDefault, pasteFormatted,
pasteUnformatted.
> 6) IAccessibleHypertext2::hyperlinks. Just to make sure: we decided to
> go with array instead EnumVariant? Do AT want to get all items at once
> even if the document is big and has many links?
Back on 14 Aug 2012 you agreed that the array would be preferred in
order to keep it consistent with the array returned by
IAccessible2_2::relationTargetsOfType.
> 7) IA2_RELATION_GROUPING_OBJECT_FOR: "This object is a grouping object
> for the target object." - it'd be nice to give a hint for
> implementers. After a time I don't really remember what is it about :)
Actually this got into this draft of the spec by mistake.  We agreed it
was not needed back on 1 March 12.  Ditto with
IA2_RELATION_POPUP_INITIATOR_FOR.  I removed them both.
> 8) IA2_RELATION_NODE_PARENT_OF "This object is a parent of a target
> object." It's not clear as well since it doesn't answer why
> get_accParent doesn't work. Maybe you should say it's a logical parent
> and the relation is reverse to RELATION_NODE_CHILD_OF. It is used, for
> example, for flat structured trees.
I could remove it.  Noone else showed interest in it other than for
symmetry with IA2_RELATION_NODE_CHILD_OF.  The comment about
get_accParent is a good one.  You asked for this new relation back on 9
Nov 09 because you added it for ATK and wanted to enhance the symmetry
between the ATK and IA2 interfaces.  Or I could just add another
sentence, "This relation is the reciprocal of
IA2_RELATION_NODE_CHILD_OF."  I didn't understand the comment about flat
structured trees but if you want to keep this relation please provide an
additional sentence.
> 9)  Description for IA2_RELATION_POPUP_INITIATOR_FOR doesn't make
> things really clear for implementers too. Btw, the used string is
> "popInitiatorFor", I'm not sure if this is on demand, should it be
> "popupInitiatorFor" instead?
Removed.  See #7.
> 10) Both IAccessibleHypertext and IAccessibleText are marked as
> deprecated (see http://a11ysoft.com/ia2/docs/html/), however
> IAccessibleHypertext2 and IAccessibleText2 are inherited from them.
> What does deprecation mean here?
Thanks for noticing that Alex.  Does anyone see any issues if I remove
the inheritance?