On 2/5/13 8:31 AM, Brian Cragun wrote:
> In those threads, I had asked for "a way for IA2 Paste Text to provide
> both a Start and an
> End Offset parameter. Also to provide an Attributes parameter.
> Copy-with-parameters should be implemented as an additional method in
> IAccessibleText."
>
> http://lists.linuxfoundation.org/pipermail/accessibility-ia2/2011-June/001336.html
>

> This was from Carolyn McLeod who needed it in Eclipse for cut and paste.
Hi Brian, On 27 June 2011 in this post
http://lists.linuxfoundation.org/pipermail/accessibility-ia2/2011-June/001408.html
Carolyn said, "What I am getting at by all of this is that maybe
pasteText should not have any offset parameters at all, because
startOffset and endOffset are inadequate to define multiple selections).
Perhaps pasteText should simply be specified to always operate on the
selection, whatever that may be. "

> [...]
> approached them? We can' t just be supporting vision impairments.
>
> Sent from my iPad
>
> On Feb 4, 2013, at 9:35 PM, "Pete Brunet" <_pete@a11ysoft.com_
> <mailto:p...@a11ysoft.com>> wrote:
>
> Hi Rich, At this point, since we couldn't find consensus and since
> this release was supposed to done last Fall and since I was informed
> that noone has implemented or shown a need for the three clipboard
> operations, I'm inclined to not hold up the release any further and
> handle this in a follow-on release if a project comes along that needs
> clipboard functionality and provides resource to drive the spec toward
> a well thought out definition of the clipboard methods.
>
> Pete
>
> On 2/4/13 8:51 PM, Richard Schwerdtfeger wrote:
> Hi Pete,
>
> The reason for the editing functions was to allow a voice reco
> solution to select text, edit it, and perform clipboard operations for
> the mobility impaired. It is additional work to have a voice reco
> solution have to go through the additional work of doing the
> additional keyboard simulations for doing that function.
>
> So, these are single actions. AccessibleEditableText also allows you
> to replace text, and set attributes, which takes offsets and
> replacement text/attributes. Accessible actions are single action
> functions that don't take parameters. ReplaceText is not the same as
> pasting from the clipboard. It is really nice to have all the features
> in the same interface. Note: One could bind the single command
> functions (cut, copy, paste) to the same actions in accessible actions.
>
> The other problem you have with actions is where do you apply it. Do
> you know to apply it only to the document. If Editable text is applied
> to text content within the document then you should now where to find
> the interface.
>
> Rich
>

> Rich Schwerdtfeger
>

> -- *
> Pete Brunet*
>
> a11ysoft - Accessibility Architecture and Development
> (512) 467-4706 (work), (512) 689-4155 (cell)
> Skype: pete.brunet
> IM: ptbrunet (AOL, Google), _ptbrunet@live.com_
> <mailto:ptbru...@live.com>(MSN)_
> __http://www.a11ysoft.com/about/_
> Ionosphere: WS4G
>
> -- *
> Pete Brunet*
>
> a11ysoft - Accessibility Architecture and Development
> (512) 467-4706 (work), (512) 689-4155 (cell)
> Skype: pete.brunet
> IM: ptbrunet (AOL, Google), _ptbrunet@live.com_
> <mailto:ptbru...@live.com>(MSN)_
> __http://www.a11ysoft.com/about/_
> Accessibility-ia2 mailing list
> Accessibility-ia2@lists.linuxfoundation.org

*Pete Brunet*

a11ysoft - Accessibility Architecture and Development
(512) 467-4706 (work), (512) 689-4155 (cell)
IM: ptbrunet (AOL, Google), ptbru...@live.com (MSN)
http://www.a11ysoft.com/about/
Ionosphere: WS4G