|+  /** An object representing a navigational landmark, a region on a page to
   +   which the user may want quick access, such as navigating, searching,
   +   perusing the primary content. |||

nit: I'd change the last bit to "such as a navigation area, a search facility or the main content of a page".

Otherwise, looks fine to me!

Thanks,
Jamie

On 24/08/2016 2:05 AM, Alexander Surkov wrote:
Jamie, please review the change [1] at your earliest convenience:
* add landmark role
* no form role deprecation for now (we should open issue against HTML a11y mapping guide, and possibly revisit ARIA change)

Please feel free to merge the branch if it looks good.

Thanks.
Alex.

[1] http://git.linuxfoundation.org/?p=a11y/ia2.git;a=commitdiff;h=87d4e3be9b9029974db2c37113db5c16210e8566

On Thu, Aug 18, 2016 at 10:56 PM, James Teh <ja...@nvaccess.org <mailto:ja...@nvaccess.org>> wrote:

    On 11/08/2016 2:58 AM, Alexander Surkov wrote:

        1) adding IA2_ROLE_LANDMARK and

    Yes.

        2) deprecating IA2_ROLE_FORM?

    I'd argue that there is more semantic value in a "form" than just
    the fact that it is a landmark. This probably doesn't apply to
    ARIA (at least for now), since role="form" is defined as only a
    landmark. However, I'd argue it does apply to the HTML form tag.
    So, I'm fine t not use IA2_ROLE_FORM for ARIA role="form", but I'm
    dubious about deprecating it altogether, including for the HTML
    form tag.
    Jamie

-- James Teh
    Executive Director, NV Access Limited
    Ph +61 7 3149 3306 <tel:%2B61%207%203149%203306>
    www.nvaccess.org <http://www.nvaccess.org>
    <http://www.facebook.com/NVAccess>
    Twitter: @NVAccess
    SIP: ja...@nvaccess.org <mailto:ja...@nvaccess.org>