i am glad, we can talk on this matter, i fully support Rajesh's view.
Harish are there such email groups? if yes, please Harish or members share them.
At 07:54 AM 3/13/2009, you wrote:
Dear Rajesh and others

Do appreciate the points raised, However, let us have the group focused and on rails.

Besides there are groups especially catering this requirement. So, let us not tred on their shoes.

I am opening the thread for inputs from all quarters.

Harish.

Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2009 10:57:06 +0530
From: "Asudani, Rajesh" <rajeshasud...@rbi.org.in>
Subject: Re: [AI] query from thahir
Well, I think being a member of this group for so many years, I do have a certain right to say something on this matter, despite the closure of threat. I think the question does relate to accessibility and internet for visually impaired, and as such, may be legitimately construed to be within bounds of the group, but for the fact that pornography or any sexually colored material is illegal in India and so the group may not discuss anything illegal. However, please remember that law does change with mores of society and what is a taboo today is a common sense of tomorrow.
Moreover, binding accessibility to legality is unfair, me thinks.
Sight does not regard the bounds of legality or otherwise.
Life with its joys and enchantments ought to be equally available to all, is the hallmark of accessibility. And Shadab, the ones whom you have, without any moderatorial jurisdiction, publicly termed raunchy, are the respected members of community, working and teaching in reputed institutions. A person does not become antisocial merely by recognizing inherent needs of all human kind. rather it is undu suppression and repression of the same which renders humans brute many a times. Only objection to the query in the message is manifest illegality of the pornography in India, but the effort about universality of accessibility is commendable. On this note, I would like to share that the movie Dev D is said to have bypassed censors by substituting sexually explicit scenes with dialogue which is less appealing to sight but more appealing I think to listeners like us. Maybe, the director, though not consciously thinking about accessibility, has achieved the aim partially at least. I intend to watch it shortly and call upon all the visually impaired to do so to get an experience. of the movie. Otherwise, so prudish are we the Indians, that even video described movies like Black, we shun to describe scenes involving expressions of love, kissing, for instance, even though such scenes form the essence of the movie and are inextricably linked to its theme. As a result, we the visually impaired, are far lagging behind in comprehending the social life about us. I do recall an instance where I myself, even though I was past the age of sweet twenty and two, instinctively rubbed my hands clean when kissed good night by an interested and interesting friend of mine some decade and a half ago. Let us cast away our artificial reserve and strive for accessibility in all fields. Life, by default is sharply constricted due to any disability, let us not constrict it further by man made objections. Yes, if the group is strictly confined by legality of the matters to be discussed or otherwise, then I think we must adhere by guidelines and discuss such vital issues in private or on other fora.
Regards

Rajesh

Notice: This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, any dissemination, use, review, distribution, printing or copying of the information contained in this e-mail message and/or attachments to it are strictly prohibited. If you have received this email by error, please notify us by return e-mail or telephone and immediately and permanently delete the message and any attachments. The recipient should check this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses. The Bank accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email.

with warm regards
       Mahendra Galani
window's live ID mahendragal...@hotmail.com       skype ID chintu3886
phone +4314943149 mobile +4369910366055,