From: "Asudani, Rajesh" <rajeshasud...@rbi.org.in>
To: <accessindia@accessindia.org.in>
Sent: Monday, March 16, 2009 11:26 AM
Subject: Re: [AI] query from thahir

Well, responding to my point about   Indians shunning to describe even the
essentials, you were found to dwell on cultural issues, so you say.
So, may I construe your stand in this matter of superiority of Indian
culture over western to imply that such omissions are justified?
So curious!!!
And Shadab you have also wrote:
"But the one thing I am certain of is that pornography, from the standpoint
of psychology, is wrong - not to talk about need. Haven't you studied it in
your course?"
So, Psychology is far from a precise natural science as you seem to imply by
demanding a clear statement about pornography being wrong.
Pornography may be harmful in some instances as it may encourage
irresponsible or nonconsensual sex, but more often than not, it serves as
bulwark against such activities by permitting a momentary ventilation to
temporary passions without taking them out on unwilling and often unknowing
persons.
Hardly few rapists are active readers of pornography.
And I still   am at a loss to comprehend  as to why the visual inability of
a person should deprive him/her of all aspects of life.
It is tantamount to saying, as many people say, that the blind should only
recite bhajans and not romantic songs or even the sad songs for  that
matter.
Hence, If the moderator, without determining the questions of culture/morals
or blindness being a compulsion to be good/harmless, decides that the focus
of this list does not permit giving out sites dealing with accessible
pornographic material, then let it be so, but please do not harp on
superiority of Indian or any  other culture, or moral values of sexual
forbearance, or blind being under an obligation to be saintly or asexual for
that matter.
I vividly remember an instance in my school life when four of my schoolmates
were involved in fornication (termed forced sex) later, a question was
raised in Maharashtra legislative assembly, as to how these foursome got
into a theater and then into a lodge despite their blindness and committed
the act???
Though remorseful about the event, we nonetheless regarded it as step
towards integration and were more outraged at the stupid MLAs who truly
reflected constricted mindset of society at large.

And for those who are interested, the site
http://the-clitoris.com
is a beautiful and accessible site on feminine sexuality, and not clearly
pornographic as it seems to be defined here.

Regards

Rajesh

Regards

Rajesh