Sent: Tuesday, March 17, 2009 7:40 PM
Subject: Re: [AI] Can you think for a while please:

Dear Suryanarayana,
You are absolutely right. Elections come and go but our problems should remain same forever. As per 2001 census 2.21 crore persons around two percentage of Indian population is with various disabilities. In 2004 general elections no political party has touched the problems of the differently abled. Even till today no political party included the problems of the differently abled in to the election manifestoes of coming Loksabha elections. India claims it is a welfare state. But what about the welfare of the physically challenged? Is there any political party ready to cater needs of physically challenged? How long shall we wait for the mercy of the political leaders? Our political participation is totally neglected. In 2004 Supreme court of India issued guide lines for arranging ramps and Braille E V M s for the voting of persons with disabilities which were not properly implemented even in recent Assembly elections. As per our population of 2001 two percentage seats I.E. 11 seats should be allotted to the persons with disabilities. Is there any political party ready to offer two percentage of seats to the Physically challenged persons? Is it not our political right to claim proportionate political representation? If political participation is not provided, who will plead our rights and problems in the Parliament? It is the right time to educate and express our demands before the political parties. All NGOs should together play active role in including the demands of the differently abled in to the election manifestoes of every political party.
With kind regards,
G. Janardhana Naidu.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Suryanarayana" <surya.ga...@gmail.com>