My friend, I heard your speech several times at different place. You understand one thing, private sector always consider visually challenged employees as their last resource. Certainly they are giving employment to someone, only to fulfill social responsibilities. I highlight this point from my experience with private sector. I think, this is because the influence of social media like, film, news papers and tv channels. They always try to highlight our incapability.

On 1/27/2012 9:38 PM, Mohammed Asif Iqbal wrote:
Sorry for the delay in reply.
I think this is absolutely bull shit. Yes grass is not all green at private
sector but it is indeed making an effort. MNC such as IBM are global leader
in diversity and they practice diversity in real sense in India as well.
There are many company such as Pwc, Pepsi, etc.
Please state facts before you reply.
Asif

-----Original Message-----
From: accessindia-boun...@accessindia.org.in
[mailto:accessindia-boun...@accessindia.org.in] On Behalf Of Pankaj Kwatra
Sent: Tuesday, January 24, 2012 12:32 PM
To: accessindia@accessindia.org.in
Subject: Re: [AI] Comparing Apples with Apples

Hello All,

Adding few points :

1. Keep private sector as your last option for employment as government
or public sector has more benefits / security.

2. Equal opportunity employer is just a buzz word as MNC's do not follow
anything and their policies change with countries.

3. Hiring a disabled in private sector is just branding exercise and
fulfilling social responsibility clause.

4. Private sector do not have any policy for promotion , salary
revisions or benefits to PWD's .

5. Private sector will keep PWD's on contracts and there is no arbitrary
or legal protection.

RGDS,

Pankaj Kwatra