From: AccessIndia [mailto:accessindia-boun...@accessindia.org.in] On Behalf Of
Mahesh S. Panicker
Sent: Wednesday, May 22, 2013 3:39 AM
To: accessindia@accessindia.org.in
Subject: Re: [AI] Job for Computer Teacher

Well, I wouldn't want to get into the legal aspects of the issue. But
for the disability rights movement as such, for the disability
collective, this particular ad is a matter of significant moral
affront, especially so when we consider that it has come from an
organization that is said to be working for the visually challenged.
The language is offensive and crude, and it most certainly is
exclusivist. They might want the selected candidate to multitask,
perform other responsibilities other than computer training. A
visually challenged person may or may not be able to meet all such
responsibilities, as could be the case with any other candidate. They
could have selected someone who would have been able to take up the
responsibilities they wanted, whether visually challenged or not. But
the insensitive language, and the crude implications can, and should
be questioned, regardless of the legal dimension. I think its an
ethical question, a moral question. It would be good if there could be
some legal backing in challenging this obnoxious act, but that is a
secondary concern.

On 5/22/13, Mohib Anwar Rafel <mohibra...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Mr Asudani please read your previous message, which reads as
> "So, they should not call the post a computer instructor, rather they
> should call it a callboy/call girl!!!!" and then
> "Yes, fundamental rights are violated. You cannot preclude a VI from
> contesting for the job"
>
> According to you I need a crash course in Indian laws, for your kind
> information I have already completed my 5 year law degree in Indian
> laws and currently pursuing master of laws thats too in Indian laws
> here at the top university of India, however, this is other thing that
> I have already completed M.Phil in international law.
> Tell me one thing how many days gone, you have not studied
> constitutional law? However you have corrected your mistake in very
> and with out giving any second thought that what do you want to write!
> I think you need to refer Article 12 of Indian constitution which
> defines that which enctities are states and against whom fundamental
> rights can be claimed. So you are a supreme court judge here who is
> claiming that scope of Article 12 is expanding and such agencies
> should also be included under the ambit of Article 12 so that Article
> 13(2) could be invoked!
> Prove that these private organizations can be covered under the head
> of states, I asure you I will go to Delhi High court under a petition
> against these private organizations.
>
> As you might be aware that most of the fundamental rights, in case
> these have been violated, are claimed against the state and its
> instrumentality and not against the private bodies. Article 12 has
> defined that what can be included under the state.
> the state include, the government and parliament of india, the govt
> and legislature of the state, all local authorities and other
> authorities. the action of any of these can be challanged in high
> court  or in supreme court.
> The term other authorities, has not been defined, however supreme
> court has developed the concept of instrumentalities of the state to
> make it clear.
>
> Here the test which could determine the nature of instrumentality is
> funding and control, such as whether major or entire share capital is
> held by the govt. is govt is involved in carrying the function and
> making the policies?
> Is the administration of the body in the hands of the directors
> appointed by the government and are they subject to government control
> in the discharge of their functions? Whether the operation of the
> corporation is an important public function closely related to
> governmental functions?
> A private educational institution, even if it is recognised by, or
> affiliated to, a university, cannot be regarded as an instrumentality
> of the government for purposes of Article 12. What is necessary here
> that the control of functions of the authority, the government should
> be in a position to give directions to the authority to function in a
> [...]

Mahesh S. Panicker
Assistant Professor, Department of Political Science,
Lady Shri Ram College, Lajpat Nagar
New Delhi 110024

Caution: The Reserve Bank of India never sends mails, smses or makes calls
asking for personal information like your bank account details, passwords, etc.
It never keeps or offers funds to anyone. Please do not respond in any manner
to such offers, however official or attractive they may look.

received this email by error,  please notify us by return e-mail or telephone
viruses. The Reserve Bank of India  accepts no liability for any damage caused
by any virus transmitted by this email.