Kyle,

Tell me if I'm wrong but I suspect you tried Acegi versions prior 1.0.3 -
right?

If this is the case, I recommend you clean your Maven local repository
(delete the .m2/repository directory) - then retry your build. Something
tells me the problem will be gone :)

Then tell us the result. If it work, I'll try to explain the reason. In
short, this is due to the way Maven resolves transitive dependencies and the
quality of the information it obtains from the repository...

/bertrand