On 7 August 2016 at 03:46, Jacob Hoffman-Andrews <j...@eff.org> wrote:
>> #162 - Add a protocol version
>> https://github.com/ietf-wg-acme/acme/pull/162
>
> Still thinking about this one. Seems sound at first glance, but I'm thinking
> about TLS version intolerance and
> https://www.imperialviolet.org/2016/05/16/agility.html.

For similar reasons, I think that this change might be a little
overwrought.  It's certainly a non-trivial amount of added complexity.

Would it be acceptable to have a much simpler scheme that included the
version (a simple string that has to match) in the payload of all
messages?  That keeps this as a sanity check that you aren't
transporting things between incompatible versions.  The server can
provide new endpoints if it wants to support new (incompatible)
versions.