On Tue, 4 Jan 2005, Brian Viercant wrote:

> 
> Hi, only played with it in an earlier version, was a steep learning curve 
> then, but not sure if its any easier. It worked well when I eventually got 
> the hang of things, kept comparing things to Prem in terms of usuability, 
> which is really the wrong thing to do. 

Usablity is a legitimate comparison factor. The program has to actually 
-work- of course; if it is buggy and stuff in the documentation simply 
doesn't work that's not a useful program.
> Had to just dump all the Prem methods  and start afresh.

Principles remain the same but the steps are certainly different.
Both are non-linear editing programs so I expect some sort of clip 
management as well as on capture some means of auto-slicing the video into 
clips. I can't imagine a NLE without timelines and tracks. The question is 
how they are presented. Avid seems to delight in multi-head systems.
The fellow I met who is an Avid Symphony editor has 3 computer monitors
plus two TV monitors all driven from the one Avid system. One computer 
monitor has the video clip under edit with some controls , one has the 
menus and so on (these form one virtual display twice as wide and the 
usual high). The 3rd computer monitor is the vectorscope.
He does broadcast edit.


 Hope this is helpfull. Although I have recently purchased 
> Prem again, and I am currently looking at Vidcap cards. Any Suggestions? I 
> have a stack of stuff on Umatic & Hi-band 8, which will need to go over to 
> DVD, so an analogue port is important. I can then get rid of this hardware. 
> Have a DC30 Pro somewhere, but feel sure that wont work well under XP SP2.
> Regards
> Brian UK
> ----- Original Message ----- 
> From: "Sune" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> To: <[email protected]>
> Sent: Tuesday, January 04, 2005 11:27 AM
> Subject: Re: [AP] Avid (Dana)
> 
> 
> >
> > I've heard a lot of good things about both Avid and Final Cut Pro.
> > I think I'll be switching to Avid as a test on my next project..
> >
> > Does anyone here on the list have experience with Avid?
> >
> > -
> > Sune
> > www.suneworld.com
> > MSN: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > "Mom and dad! I love you! Please don't sell me to Paris Hilton!"
> >
> >
> > ----- Original Message ----- 
> > From: "Rieni" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > To: <[email protected]>
> > Sent: Tuesday, January 04, 2005 1:37 AM
> > Subject: Re: [AP] Avid (Dana)
> >
> >
> >>
> >>
> >> At 03-01-2005 18:02, Dana Hudes wrote:
> >>>Meanwhile I am thinking to dump the idea of working with Premiere and
> >>>go with Avid as my editing sources in the real TV industry are all on
> >>>Avid. Mind you I'm not going to run out and buy Avid symphony but
> >>>I can get a mid-range version for the same price range as AP.
> >>
> >> I hope to receive my Final Cut Express for my Apple G4 this week. I
> >> wouldn't be surprised if I will like it much better than Premiere.
> >>
> >> Rieni
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >> Yahoo! Groups Links
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >
> >
> >
> > Yahoo! Groups Links
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > 
> 
> 
> 
> 
>  
> Yahoo! Groups Links
> 
> 
> 
>  
> 
> 
> 
> 


 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Adobe-Premiere/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
 



Reply via email to