I don't own one but I believe that most, if not all of the recently 
developed DVD recording decks will accept analogue inputs (RCA/S-video) to 
bring source material in and write it to DVD on the fly. Your cam must have 
them to allow for viewing tape on a TV or copying to a VCR. This has to be 
the most straightforward method of conversion, because it skips the 
requirement to capture MPEG-2 and then author it for DVD video. Of course 
you don't get any choices about encoding quality or menu creation, to my 
knowledge, but you do get a DVD archive that will preserve the current 
state of your tape content.

David Hurdon

At 09:11 PM 2/28/2005 +0000, you wrote:


Hello everyone. I'm hoping someone might know how to do this. I have
old analog Hi8 tapes that I would like to burn directly to DVD for
storage purpose(no menus or chapters). I want to avoid if possible
capturing this to my hard drive for now.  Thanks for your help and
suggestions

I have a Matrox RTX100 turnkey system.
P4 2.6
1024gb ram
Software I have:
Encore 1.5
Premiere Pro 1.5
Poineer A05 DVD burner




 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Adobe-Premiere/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
 



Reply via email to