Well, I had a external hard drive crash. It started making funny noises, so I 
moved everything over to a different External. However, I lost a couple small 
projects due to the drive locking up. One is since finished, the other became 
this long project, that I just lost. 
   
  On the new drive everything was peachy until the other drive crashed for 
good. It seems that my computer is getting mad that it can't find it. I haven't 
changed anything else, and the whole system is being funny. I'm finishing up 2 
projects now, and once they're done, I'm going to reinstall Windows, and start 
from scratch. If the problems persist I'll have to get a new system (Ouch!), 
but I've got to get these projects out of here before I can do anything else.
   
  Linda Rossiter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
  Firstly, have you looked for the backup files on your PC?

If you were working for several days on a 45 minute project, presumably you
either had autosave on, or you saved earlier versions. Do a search
throughout your pc for your project name, as I don't know remember the
default autosave directory is.

In three years of daily Premiere editing I've never managed to lose more
than 30 minute's work, as there's always a backup file or earlier project
version somewhere. Of course it's probably the wrong time to suggest that
saving repeatedly to the same file name throughout a project isn't good
practice; I normally end up with 50 to 80 project files saved for a two week
project (each with 10 autosaves).

Meanwhile, you say this has happened a number of times.

To narrow down the problem, is it after you've added an mp3, or a large
image file to the project?

And what version of premiere are you using?

Linda

Linda Rossiter
www.rossiterandco.com


-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of brad88maz
Sent: 25 March 2006 17:54
To: [email protected]
Subject: [AP] 45 minutes gone!!! Write Protected, Locked or Corrupted?


I am missing a 45 minute project. When I click on it, it says it is
either write protected, locked, or corrupted. This is the third time
this month! I have moved all of my files to a new drive and everything
was working great until this. I ran Sune's -1 fix to no avail. I made
a copy of the PPJ file with no luck, and I Opened a new project and
imported it in which also failed? What may be happening? It wasn't so
bad to edit an 8 minute clip over, but a 45 minute file???? That's 2-3
days at least!




  SPONSORED LINKS 
        Video production   Video server   Video streaming server     Adobe 
premiere training   Adobe premiere pro   Adobe premiere 6.5 
    
---------------------------------
  YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS 

    
    Visit your group "Adobe-Premiere" on the web.
    
    To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
 [EMAIL PROTECTED]
    
    Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service. 

    
---------------------------------
  



                
---------------------------------
Yahoo! Messenger with Voice. Make PC-to-Phone Calls to the US (and 30+ 
countries) for 2¢/min or less.
                
---------------------------------
New Yahoo! Messenger with Voice. Call regular phones from your PC for low, low 
rates.

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]



 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Adobe-Premiere/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
 



Reply via email to