Sounds like you've met the dreaded "conforming audio bug".  If you have 
imported the AVI files, then tried to play them immediately, you'll need 
to wait until Premiere Pro has finished conforming the audio files. 
Once Premiere has finished, you should be able to see the waveform on 
the timeline, hear the audio, and be good to go.  But, if the file is 
very long, it will take a few minutes to conform.

Good luck,
Glen in Vegas


Sebastián Masana wrote:
> Hello, I´m Sebastián Masana, from Argentina.
> 
> I´ll appreciate if somebody can give me some advice about the
> following subject:
> 
> I´m trying to make a DVD with a VHS recording I have. I connected the
> camera to my PC and captured the VHS image (about 40 min.) using the
> AVER TV GO 007 PLUS (Avermedia) capture device. As a result, I got 3
> avi files (because I selected the "avi" format, and decided that the
> final files were no longer than 4 GB each).
> 
> I imported this three files to Adobe Premiere 7.0, as a first step to
> create a DVD.
> 
> But it happens that when I put this three files in the timeline of
> Premiere, 2 of this 3 avi files have no sound. I can´t hear the
> sound, and the audio track of this files shows no sign of the tipical
> "wave" drawings, that I can see in the other file, the one that works
> and keeps its sound.
> 
> I checked the avi files, but they seem to be OK. When I open them
> with the Windows Media Player, they do have sound.
> 
> When I import this same 3 files with Adobe Premiere 6.5, I have no
> problem. The sound is OK. The problem persists in Premiere 7.0.
> 
> I didn´t try to create the file in Premiere 6.5 and then open it with
> Premiere 7.0 to see what happens. I´ll do it right now. However, I
> wonder why the sound dissapears when importing the files with
> Premiere 7.0.
> 
> 
> Any advice will be welcomed.
> 
> Please excuse my weak English, hope you don´t mind.
> 
> Thanks in advance,
> 
> Sebastián Masana Buenos Aires, Argentina.



 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Adobe-Premiere/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
 



Reply via email to