Interesting.

I suppose one could make a menuless, chapter-sensitive DVD by making the
video a 'first play' event only. I did notice today while making a
complex menu-driven DVD in Encore that I could hit the chapter seek/move
to next chapter button on the remote during the first play video, so I
suspect that could work as a chapter-driven menuless DVD. Use a simple
black frame with no text or buttons as your main menu and call it good.

John

  _____  

From: [email protected]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Sune Alexandersen
Sent: Thursday, June 01, 2006 2:13 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: [AP] Premiere Pro 2 doesn't export chapter points

 

Thank you very much for you input as well Richard!
I found this somewhat disturbing article on Adobe's website: 
http://www.adobe.com/support/techdocs/332415.html
I think this is a major step back from Pro 1.5 where chapter points
would 
gladly work as DVD chapters..

-
www.dunderfilm.no
www.suneworld.com



----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Richard Peoples" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Thursday, June 01, 2006 10:06 PM
Subject: RE: [AP] Premiere Pro 2 doesn't export chapter points


Hello Sune,
I know that in order for the DVD chapter markers to work you must name
them
when you create them.
Are you doing that.  I also talked to someone who was using the Matrox
exporter which worked for and included the chapter points ONLY if he
used
the default data rate of 7mbs, If he changed the data rate the chapter
points where no longer inbedded in the DVD.
Hope this helps.
Regards,
Richard Peoples
  -----Original Message-----
  From: [email protected]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Sune Alexandersen
  Sent: Thursday, June 01, 2006 3:51 PM
  To: [email protected]
  Subject: Re: [AP] Premiere Pro 2 doesn't export chapter points


  Thanks a lot for your input John!
  The thing is that I've tried both DVD markes amd un-numbered markers.
I've
  even tried both!
  I've tried exporting to folder and direct to DVD.

  I guess I could recreate the 27 chapter markes and create a menu-less
DVD
in
  encore.. The chapter/dvd-markers doesn't follow through to encore with
my
  files either..
  This is weird!

  Anyone?
  -
  www.dunderfilm.no
  www.suneworld.com



  ----- Original Message -----
  From: "John Morgan" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  To: <[email protected]>
  Sent: Thursday, June 01, 2006 9:38 PM
  Subject: RE: [AP] Premiere Pro 2 doesn't export chapter points


  > Sune,
  >
  > I just went through a similar experience with chapter markers.
There's
  > now two ways to go, one of which I've not tested. The untested
method
  > involves the new tools in PPro2. With this method, I see there are
new
  > "DVD markers" (see Marker>Set DVD Marker) which act as chapter
markers
  > when exporting to DVD using the new workflow they're designed for.
The
  > workflow is kind of a low-end way to get a basic menu-driven DVD,
but
  > the choices and menuing possibilities are limited. Per the PPro2
help
  > files, DVD markers have no effect as chapter markers if you export
mpeg2
  > for the Encore workflow.
  >
  >
  >
  > But....I just discovered that the traditional Unnumbered markers
ALSO
  > have no effect in Encore! But then, you don't really need them in
Encore
  > because Encore has it's own simple ways of adding chapter markers.
Using
  > Matrox AxioHD, I'm exporting via the Matrox Media Encoder to mpeg2,
so I
  > don't know if that's uniquely a Matrox issue or not, as to why the
  > unnumbered markers no longer create chapter markers in Encore. Using
  > Encore was the other tested method, which does work.
  >
  >
  >
  > I think if you're exporting directly to DVD (burning to disc) from
the
  > timeline, you'll need to use the new DVD Markers. My attempt at
burning
  > direct to DVD with unnumbered markers resulted in chapter-less DVD.
I
  > didn't try the DVD markers, but went straight to Encore.
  >
  > John
  >
  >
  >
  >  _____
  >
  > From: [email protected]
  > [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Sune
Alexandersen
  > Sent: Thursday, June 01, 2006 1:19 PM
  > To: [email protected]
  > Subject: [AP] Premiere Pro 2 doesn't export chapter points
  >
  >
  >
  > This is TOTALLY driving me nuts..
  > I've edited a large project down to 2hrs, set the appropriate
bitrate
  > for it to fit on a singe DVD and then export to DVD folder.
  > But it doesn't create chapter points at all!! I've got aprox 30
  > important chapter points I REALLY need..
  > I cannot tell the customer to "simply fast forward"..
  >
  > Anyone else experienced this?
  >
  > I am pretty desperate here, so PLEASE help!!!!
  >
  >
  >
  > -
  > www.dunderfilm.no
  > www.suneworld.com
  >
  >
  >
  >
  > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
  >
  >
  >
  >
  > SPONSORED LINKS
  >
  > Video production
  >
<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Video+production&w1=Video+productio
  >
n&w2=Video+server&w3=Video+streaming+server&w4=Adobe+premiere+training&w
  >
5=Adobe+premiere+pro&w6=Adobe+premiere+6.5&c=6&s=145&.sig=kC3y3H5nTLvQ-r
  > Ems3zwvQ>
  >
  > Video server
  >
<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Video+server&w1=Video+production&w2
  >
=Video+server&w3=Video+streaming+server&w4=Adobe+premiere+training&w5=Ad
  >
obe+premiere+pro&w6=Adobe+premiere+6.5&c=6&s=145&.sig=nex0IhlMupmtl3FbCV
  > OxOw>
  >
  > Video streaming server
  >
<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Video+streaming+server&w1=Video+pro
  >
duction&w2=Video+server&w3=Video+streaming+server&w4=Adobe+premiere+trai
  >
ning&w5=Adobe+premiere+pro&w6=Adobe+premiere+6.5&c=6&s=145&.sig=eFXlUPLj
  > -73UJUSQL-zRvw>
  >
  > Adobe premiere training
  >
<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Adobe+premiere+training&w1=Video+pr
  >
oduction&w2=Video+server&w3=Video+streaming+server&w4=Adobe+premiere+tra
  >
ining&w5=Adobe+premiere+pro&w6=Adobe+premiere+6.5&c=6&s=145&.sig=2P9VlqD
  > JxEQOrP3JHOwHoQ>
  >
  > Adobe premiere pro
  >
<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Adobe+premiere+pro&w1=Video+product
  >
ion&w2=Video+server&w3=Video+streaming+server&w4=Adobe+premiere+training
  >
&w5=Adobe+premiere+pro&w6=Adobe+premiere+6.5&c=6&s=145&.sig=CNdenqEIzpG2
  > lmxo-cO1rA>
  >
  > Adobe premiere 6.5
  >
<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Adobe+premiere+6.5&w1=Video+product
  >
ion&w2=Video+server&w3=Video+streaming+server&w4=Adobe+premiere+training
  >
&w5=Adobe+premiere+pro&w6=Adobe+premiere+6.5&c=6&s=145&.sig=_XzYepLtUvKn
  > tJ7pwbLDVg>
  >
  >
  >
  >  _____
  >
  > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
  >
  >
  >
  > * Visit your group "Adobe-Premiere
  > <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Adobe-Premiere> " on the web.
  >
  > * To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
  > [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  >
<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  >
  > * Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of
  > Service <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .
  >
  >
  >
  >  _____
  >
  >
  >
  > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
  >
  >
  >
  >
  >
  > Yahoo! Groups Links
  >
  >
  >
  >
  >
  >
  >



  SPONSORED LINKS Video production  Video server  Video streaming server
        Adobe premiere training  Adobe premiere pro  Adobe premiere 6.5


------------------------------------------------------------------------
----
--
  YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

    a..  Visit your group "Adobe-Premiere" on the web.

    b..  To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [EMAIL PROTECTED]

    c..  Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of
Service.


------------------------------------------------------------------------
----
--



[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]





Yahoo! Groups Links










SPONSORED LINKS 

Video production
<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Video+production&w1=Video+productio
n&w2=Video+server&w3=Video+streaming+server&w4=Adobe+premiere+training&w
5=Adobe+premiere+pro&w6=Adobe+premiere+6.5&c=6&s=145&.sig=kC3y3H5nTLvQ-r
Ems3zwvQ>  

Video server
<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Video+server&w1=Video+production&w2
=Video+server&w3=Video+streaming+server&w4=Adobe+premiere+training&w5=Ad
obe+premiere+pro&w6=Adobe+premiere+6.5&c=6&s=145&.sig=nex0IhlMupmtl3FbCV
OxOw>  

Video streaming server
<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Video+streaming+server&w1=Video+pro
duction&w2=Video+server&w3=Video+streaming+server&w4=Adobe+premiere+trai
ning&w5=Adobe+premiere+pro&w6=Adobe+premiere+6.5&c=6&s=145&.sig=eFXlUPLj
-73UJUSQL-zRvw>  

Adobe premiere training
<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Adobe+premiere+training&w1=Video+pr
oduction&w2=Video+server&w3=Video+streaming+server&w4=Adobe+premiere+tra
ining&w5=Adobe+premiere+pro&w6=Adobe+premiere+6.5&c=6&s=145&.sig=2P9VlqD
JxEQOrP3JHOwHoQ>  

Adobe premiere pro
<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Adobe+premiere+pro&w1=Video+product
ion&w2=Video+server&w3=Video+streaming+server&w4=Adobe+premiere+training
&w5=Adobe+premiere+pro&w6=Adobe+premiere+6.5&c=6&s=145&.sig=CNdenqEIzpG2
lmxo-cO1rA>  

Adobe premiere 6.5
<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Adobe+premiere+6.5&w1=Video+product
ion&w2=Video+server&w3=Video+streaming+server&w4=Adobe+premiere+training
&w5=Adobe+premiere+pro&w6=Adobe+premiere+6.5&c=6&s=145&.sig=_XzYepLtUvKn
tJ7pwbLDVg>  

 

  _____  

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS 

 

*        Visit your group "Adobe-Premiere
<http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Adobe-Premiere> " on the web.
          
*        To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
         [EMAIL PROTECTED]
<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 
          
*        Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of
Service <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> . 

 

  _____  



[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]



------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
You can search right from your browser? It's easy and it's free.  See how.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/_7bhrC/NGxNAA/yQLSAA/ADr1lB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Adobe-Premiere/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
 


Reply via email to