HV20 low light performance is not bad as a consumer cam. A lot of people stated
a combination of 24P + Cinemode delivers great low light vidoe. It is true. In
regular lighting situation, I didn't pick Cine mode.

I would suggest shoot in HD mode in HV20 but not to use Cine mode. Then down
convert the video in NLE with deinterlace option on. The result is good mixing
with your GL1 footage. I did a few weddings this way combining footage with GL2.

To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]: [EMAIL PROTECTED]: Thu, 10 Jan 2008 19:43:20
+0000Subject: [AP] Re: Mixing HV20 and GL2

Thanks for your replies, Johnny and Taky.I read your interesting post Taky, on
the hv20.com site. So you do notlike to shoot in cinematic mode due to the
color difficulties...Interesting. I suppose that would be even more true for a
stage eventor in poor lighting conditions like a reception. I have read the
HV20is not great in low light situations.I wish I had an HX-A1. Hopefully later
this year!To bring this back to Premiere, I am still wondering the following
-suppose:* I have HDV footage shot with the HV20.* I have SD footage shot with
the GL-1.Is it better to send out SD footage from the HV20, capture that
inPremiere, no problem mixing with the GL-1 footage?orImport HD footage from
the HV20 to an HD project, convert to SD inPremiere by exporting, and then mix
with GL-1 footage in an SD project?Would the second method yield better quality
results or is it reallythe same thing?Thanks,Alexandra--- In
Adobe-Premiere@yahoogroups.com, Taky Cheung <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:>> I have
done so. Check this out> > http://www.hv20.com/showthread.php?t=4454> > HV20
downsize to SD video looks better than the output from GL2.> > > To: [EMAIL
PROTECTED]: [EMAIL PROTECTED]: Wed, 9 Jan 2008 17:31:44+0000Subject: [AP] Re:
Premiere Pro to Generate HDV MPEG file Trick!> > > > > Hello,Sorry if this is
OT, but I recently got an HV20 (couldn'tresist; ofcourse now I hear the HV30
has just come out!).I tape eventssuch as dance recitals, weddings, etc. with my
trustyol' GL-1. But Iknow HD is on the horizon, so the HV20 is my firstforay
into the landof HDV.So I was wondering how the footage from the HV20 (in SD
mode, Iguess)would mix with my GL-1 footage. Is anyone combining the old
withthenew? Better to import into Premiere as HD footage, export as SD,andthen
combine it?Thanks for any thoughts,Alexandra Duffy> > > And,Just FYI for anyone
exporting to MiniDV: I currently export tomyCanon> HV20 to view the project on
a 73" HDTV. And, the image issimplystunning! > > > > > > >

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: