On Tue, Aug 17, 2010 at 1:17 AM, Joel Limardo
<joel.lima...@forwardphase.com> wrote:
> So, how is Perl advocacy done?  Is there an actual advocacy organization
> with yearly goals, some people who officially head up the organization,
> etc.?  What are the 2010 goals? 2011?  Is there a central Perl portal for
> 'all things advocacy' which contains the current meeting minutes of this
> organization?

> Thank you for this post.  There is an excellent book I recommend that
> everyone who is even remotely interested in Perl advocacy read -- The
> Tipping Point by Malcolm Gladwell
> (http://www.amazon.com/Tipping-Point-Little-Things-Difference/dp/0316346624).
>  In the book there is this story about another guy who rode around
> immediately prior the British invasion on April 18, 1775 but rousted very
> few colonists to action.  Paul Revere took a different route to bring people
> to arms against the British and history tells us he was incredibly
> successful.  Gladwell analyzes the differences between their routes and
> methods and finds no significant difference. However, when you study WHO
> these men were we start to understand why Revere's ride was a success and
> the other fellow's fell flat.  The difference was in the men themselves.
> Revere was well known and popular. His character beamed and people trusted
> him.  The other fellow did not possess these qualities, so people were less
> inclined to leave their homes and risk death.
> The URL you posted is a bit like the other fellow's ride -- it is on an
> obscure site, not centrally supported (as far as I can tell), and the
> message is therefore not as effective as it could be.

That is the official TPF Wiki page.
Go, ask the people in Marketing Committee of The Perl Foundation.

BTW have you been reading the various Perl feeds recently?
E.g. http://ironman.enlightenedperl.org/
There are a few people writing about promotion and marketing and the
similar subjects.

Gabor
http://szabgab.com/