For anyone following this, here is the cleaned up version of a private mail
I sent to Josh:

Hi Josh,

we now also have some details about a failing request. While most API calls
hang randomly (approx. 1 of 20), we have a reliably failing call on the
account XYZ when downloading a report. Starting Sep 8 we got a "connection
reset by peer" error after waiting for some data for 2 hours. We then set a
read timeout on the socket of 5 minutes, which now is exceeded whenever we
want to download the particular report. We had some similar problems before
on that account but eventually (after a few automatic retries) we usually
could successfully download the report. That is not possible anymore.

The report is a PRODUCT_PARTITION_REPORT.

Thanks for investigating this issue.

Best,
Christian

---

Christian Bünnig
Head of Software Development

Bidmanagement GmbH | Chausseestraße 22 | D-10115 Berlin
T +49 30 4081715-500 | F +49 30 4081715-555
christian.buen...@adspert.de | http://www.adspert.de

Amtsgericht: Berlin-Charlottenburg 133120 B
Geschäftsführer: Marcel Pirlich, Stephanie Richter

On Mon, Sep 12, 2016 at 9:40 PM, Christian Bünnig <
christian.buen...@adspert.de> wrote:

> Hi Josh,
>
> we now also have some details about a failing request. While most API
> calls hang randomly (approx. 1 of 20), we have a reliably failing call on
> the account 163-031-8785 when downloading a report. Starting Sep 8 we got a
> "connection reset by peer" error after waiting for some data for 2 hours.
> We then set a read timeout on the socket of 5 minutes, which now is
> exceeded whenever we want to download the particular report. We had some
> similar problems before on that account but eventually (after a few
> automatic retries) we usually could successfully download the report. That
> is not possible anymore.
>
> The report is a PRODUCT_PARTITION_REPORT. Example time stamp when we tried
> to download that report: 2016-09-12 04:32:13 UTC.
>
> Thanks for investigating this issue.
>
> Best,
> Christian
>
> ---
>
> Christian Bünnig
> Head of Software Development
>
> Bidmanagement GmbH | Chausseestraße 22 | D-10115 Berlin
> T +49 30 4081715-500 | F +49 30 4081715-555
> christian.buen...@adspert.de | http://www.adspert.de
>
> Amtsgericht: Berlin-Charlottenburg 133120 B
> Geschäftsführer: Marcel Pirlich, Stephanie Richter
>
> On Fri, Sep 9, 2016 at 7:49 PM, 'Josh Radcliff (AdWords API Team)' via
> AdWords API Forum <adwords-api@googlegroups.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Stefan,
>>
>> Thanks for sending over that info. I looked at those requests and didn't
>> see any errors in terms of AdWords API handling, which suggests this may be
>> an issue at a different layer on our side. I'll keep digging and let you
>> know what I find.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Josh, AdWords API Team
>>
>> On Friday, September 9, 2016 at 10:31:58 AM UTC-4, Stefan Kleine
>> Stegemann wrote:
>>>

>>> Hi Josh,
>>>
>>> I sent you a private mail with some information.
>>>
>>> I hope that helps.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Stefan
>>>

>>> Am Freitag, 9. September 2016 15:58:01 UTC+2 schrieb Josh Radcliff
>>> (AdWords API Team):

>> --
>> ---
>> Google Groups "AdWords API Forum" group.
>> pic/adwords-api/OWusHGc6xaY/unsubscribe.
>> adwords-api+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
>> Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/adwords-api.
>> gid/adwords-api/c217fdb8-616f-4d2f-8153-8fc962ea24a0%40googlegroups.com
>> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/adwords-api/c217fdb8-616f-4d2f-8153-8fc962ea24a0%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
>> .

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/adwords-api/CAOitGrUk_-hpf6YB7mfygwY0pby-W4n9zt8Znr8F_FZ859fs6Q%40mail.gmail.com.
  • Re: ... Christian
    • ... 'Josh Radcliff (AdWords API Team)' via AdWords API Forum
      • ... 'Josh Radcliff (AdWords API Team)' via AdWords API Forum
        • ... 'Josh Radcliff (AdWords API Team)' via AdWords API Forum
          • ... Stefan Kleine Stegemann
          • ... Christian Bünnig
          • ... Stefan Kleine Stegemann
            • ... 'Josh Radcliff (AdWords API Team)' via AdWords API Forum
              • ... Stefan Kleine Stegemann
              • ... 'Josh Radcliff (AdWords API Team)' via AdWords API Forum
              • ... Christian Bünnig
              • ... Stefan Kleine Stegemann
              • ... Stefan Kleine Stegemann
              • ... 'Josh Radcliff (AdWords API Team)' via AdWords API Forum
              • ... Tomas Rimkus
              • ... Stefan Kleine Stegemann
              • ... Stefan Kleine Stegemann
              • ... Christian
              • ... 'Thanet Knack Praneenararat (AdWords API Team)' via AdWords API Forum
              • ... Stefan Kleine Stegemann
  • Re: ... Tomas Rimkus