Propane burns a lot cleaner than gas. It's a lower energy vale (about 80% IIRC), but produces a lot fewer by-products.

On 11/27/2018 11:11 AM, Robert Andrews wrote:
I was looking to buy some pre-converted 1000's for about 2K each and sell my 1000 gas models but I will try one of their trifuel kits and see how it works out!  Thanks!   How is the oil quality when burning propane?   Does that make it work better?   I would hate to convert, go to a longer runtime and find out that the oil is dying before the fuel bottle.   But even if its just the same, it's a win hauling/connecting propane vs. gas...

Robert

On 11/27/2018 10:22 AM, SmarterBroadband wrote:
I second the Honda 1000 and 2000 inverter generators.

Also suggest you convert to propane using a https://www.motorsnorkel.com/

We had ours done by them many years ago, I believe with the new snorkel it is very easy to DIY.

They run a long time on a BBQ sized tank, you can use a bigger tank for extended run times and it is clean….

Adam

*From:* AF [mailto:af-boun...@af.afmug.com] *On Behalf Of *Mike Hammett
*Sent:* Tuesday, November 27, 2018 6:33 AM
*To:* AnimalFarm Microwave Users Group <af@af.afmug.com>
*Subject:* Re: [AFMUG] Local Generator

Am I looking for it to be an inverter-type generator for the UPS to play nice?

-----
Mike Hammett
Intelligent Computing Solutions <http://www.ics-il.com/>
<https://www.facebook.com/ICSIL><https://plus.google.com/+IntelligentComputingSolutionsDeKalb><https://www.linkedin.com/company/intelligent-computing-solutions><https://twitter.com/ICSIL>