Title: Re: [AFMUG] International cell phone use
Bill,

Yeah, that's verizon's pay as you go rate. $10/day adds up quick.  Doing some research, I can get some European data only sim's for about $35 for 30 days with about 8GB of data.  8GB should be good enough for keeping up to date with whatsapp and basic web surfing.
Guess I can check my voicemail and get texts on my main number when I'm near WiFi.  I do have a Boingo account I rarely use.  I think they have an App the will detect and automatically connect to their hotspots. Thinking between that, public WiFi and a data only SIM, I should be reachable most of the time.

--
Best regards,
Mark

Myakka Technologies, Inc.
www.MyakkaTech.com

------

Whatever you do, be sure to explore your options. A friend who just spent 3 weeks in Australia & had not really looked into the options spent $10/day for cell service while there. 21 x $10 =$210. I guess that's not horrible, but I tend to think about what else I might have wanted to spend that money on.

part15sbs{at}gmail{dot}com

On Thu, Jan 24, 2019 at 1:17 PM Trey Scarborough <