They need to be topped with queso fresco or quesco blanco.

-----Original Message----- From: Jay Weekley
Sent: Friday, March 29, 2019 9:41 AM
To: AnimalFarm Microwave Users Group
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] [OT] Mexican-style bean "filling"

I usually don't eat much of the refried beans at Mexican restaurants.
However, there is one small restaurant which I think is "authentic" that
has awesome beans and I wondered how they made them so good but figured
I really didn't want to know.  It's probably the lard.

Cameron Crum wrote:
The secret to good refried beans seams to be lard. I don't know the proportions of beans to lard, but I always see the mexican grandmas as the Fiesta Supermarket near my house buying dried pinto beans and lard.