Pretty big question.  Are you talking about the OLT SFP, or what you plug
it into?
There is a pretty big range here.  I'm most familiar with Calix.  Kind of
like a switch that deploys, manages, and configures the WAN of each
connected ONT.  It also manages firmware for the connected devices.
Besides that it is a well featured switching platform.  I'm sure there are
switching platforms with similar features and I'd guess they are similarly
priced.

On Mon, Sep 9, 2019 at 2:53 PM Dev <d...@logicalwebhost.com> wrote:

> What is the difference between a head end OLT and just some switch that
> would support GPON SFP’s? Is there such a thing? Why are OLT’s so
> expensive, what else do they need to do?
> --

Carl Peterson

*PORT NETWORKS*

401 E Pratt St, Ste 2553