That move really makes sense.  10GEPON or even XGS-PON seem to be a lot
more standardized and OMHO are a much better choice for building into an
open(ish) SDN.  Not that I have the time or brain power for it anymore, but
if I were in my 20s again, with time and an agile brain, just starting out
building on a shoestring that is how I would start.

Carl Peterson

*PORT NETWORKS*

401 E Pratt St, Ste 2553

Baltimore, MD 21202