That number is way off unless you live in a desert / have the tower next
door / get hardware for free.

Rural environment = lots of trees = 900mhz on big towers is often required.
A Cambium 900mhz 450I AP and sector is $2K USD, and tower climbers, pulling
cable up a big tower, driving to a far-away location = around $3K total.

And sometimes there isn't even 900mhz spectrum to add that AP to the tower,
or the tower owner started charging high fees for changes / per antenna.

And sometimes that brings you just over the bandwidth limit of your
unlicensed backhaul, so you need to upgrade that link to licensed gear,
which is a few $K in equipment and (in Canada) $300-500/month in government
licensing fees depending on bandwidth required. This amounts to many
thousands of dollars over the lifetime of a customer. If another tower on
the path requires the same upgrade, add a few more thousand dollars.

We've done calculations where keeping a few bandwidth hogs on 900mhz on a
far-away tower would cost $10K in hardware upgrades across multiple towers
and add $1000/month goverment licensing fees. Yes the increased bandwidth
would allow more customers, and upgrades will always need to be done as
usage naturally grows, but that's a massive immediate cost for a few
customers that don't like paying more than $100/mo, much of which is
already going to pay off existing infrastructure and other company costs.