From: AF <af-boun...@af.afmug.com> On Behalf Of Robert Andrews
Sent: Friday, September 11, 2020 5:26 PM
To: af@af.afmug.com
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] Yunlink router?

We had a customer the other day have us come out to look at his new
house for a future install.   The whole house is e-glass and concrete.
Interior as well as exterior walls.   New concrete is wet.  Between the
concrete and the eglass he had built a wifi proof blockhouse.   I showed
him how bad the attenuation was from a phone set as a hotspot to another
phone in another room.   Yeah he's going to be praying at the alter of
ethernet over powerlines because he put ZERO cat5 in during construction
figuring he was going to mesh the whole place..   Phone in 5 Ghz there
was barely a signal at all..  -85 from one room to another..  They all are
experts now.  The most dangerous person in the world is someone with just a
little tech knowledge...