How high do you need to be for a 3 mile cell?
I wonder about a tethered drone.  Powered from the ground.  Or perhaps a
balloon.  Not for this instant case but for the future.  COWs that fly.  New
company “Over the Moon”.

From: Ken Hohhof
Sent: Friday, October 9, 2020 8:48 AM
To: 'AnimalFarm Microwave Users Group'
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] The covid, again

I think Steve said it was a grain elevator or leg that got destroyed in a
derecho wind storm.  I seem to remember he posted some photos.  I’m not sure if
they are deploying on a concrete silo at the same site or a different site.

We used to avoid grain legs and pay the rent to be on commercial towers, but
everything is forcing all of us to shrink our cells from 7-10 miles once upon a
time to more like 3 miles today, so you really can’t avoid using whatever
structures are available unless you want to build a lot of towers.  That said,
we are on a 400 ft commercial tower with 5 licensed links and 10 sectors.  If
that sucker blew over, I don’t know what we’d do, there are no nearby tall
structures, and we couldn’t bring in a 300 ft COW and put all that stuff on it.
 Luckily the tower was reinforced to Rev. G and is unlikely to blow over, but
stuff happens, I remember one tower fell down when a vehicle went off the road
and snapped some guy wires.  And there was an old AT&T Long Lines tower in our
area that blew over in a wind storm.