As much as we all hope there are operational issues that will make it less than
perfect, it is made by some very smart people.  People smart enough to land a
buck rogers rocket on its tail feathers.  I would not underestimate them.  I am
still hopeful that there are issues...

From: Bill Prince
Sent: Thursday, March 4, 2021 9:15 AM
To: af@af.afmug.com
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] Starlink speeds dip already

If the top is relatively slick, and it's almost always tilted, maybe they just
need to make a thin layer of water to get it to slide off?

bp
<part15sbs{at}gmail{dot}com>On 3/4/2021 5:31 AM, Steven Kenney wrote:

  Found this interesting tidbit I didnt know about

  Snow Melt Mode
  Deployed basic Snow Melt Mode, during which Starlink produces additional heat
to mitigate signal attenuation caused by snow build-up on the face of the user
terminal.

                  STEVEN KENNEY

        DIRECTOR OF GLOBAL CONNECTIVITY & CONTINUITY