So I’m a Jaime as well, nothing but Jaime’s here!

Mike, there absolutely is a difference between the Mimosa PTP versus the PTMP
spectrum utilization as you suggested.

The A5 PTMP never requires more than a single channel (20-80 MHz width) to do
the Multi-User thing. The way it works, you would have 2 sets of 2x2:2 C5
clients receiving simultaneously from our 4x4:4 MU-MIMO A5 access points in the
same single channel. To do this in the same channel, the AP calculates
beamforming/spatial-multiplexing matrix compatibility of the clients to create
unique phase/amplitude/power optimized patterns that isolate clients in antenna
nulls that do not interfere with each other, and this is done on the fly in the
silicon when we simultaneously want to transmit to 2 clients that have traffic
in the downstream direction.

As you suggested, the B5 PTP products can go from a single 2x2:2 channel (20-80
MHz widhts), or in “dual link” (2x20 MHz up to 2x80 MHz) adding a second 2x2:2
frequency diverse set of streams for resiliency in a different part of the
band. You can pick channels anywhere from 4.9 public safety (on the
connectorized B5c), up to U-NII 1, 2 and 3, including the new 5600-5650
stringent DFS band, these channels can be split, they do not have to be
contiguous.

Cheers,

The other Jaime
CPO and co-founder, Mimosa