I was at a seminar yesterday about this.  FCC is proud of some huge fines the
put on one large company for not encrypting customer info.  It was negotiated
down to a paltry $10m...

From: Mark Radabaugh
Sent: Thursday, March 19, 2015 11:54 AM
To: af@afmug.com
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] Consumer Blogs on "Net Neutrality"

We get stuck with all of the CPNI requirements.   No more helping out the kid
with his router - the account owner MUST be found!  And verify everything with
the super secret password.     Ok - so I exaggerate, but this is going to make
things more difficult.

I'm not sure what exactly the point of 'encrypt all customer data' is given
that the front end is still going to be a web interface that happily decrypts
every bit of data and displays it in plain text.    Never let logic get in the
way of a bureaucrat implementing a politicians talking points.

Mark